MapReduce-MPI WWW Site
Contributing to the MapReduce-MPI library and OINK
In the spirit of an open-source code, there are various ways you can
contribute to making the MR-MPI library and the OINK scripting wrapper
better. You can send email on any of these items to the developers
listed on the MR-MPI WWW site.
- Point prospective users to the MR-MPI WWW site. Mention it in talks
or link to it from your own WWW site.
- If you find an error or omission in the MR-MPI or OINK documentation,
or have a suggestion for something to clarify or include, let us
- If you find a bug, please send us an email with details of how
to reproduce it.
- If you publish a paper using MR-MPI, send the citation to
us and we can add it to the Publications page.
- Contribute a MapReduce program which calls the MR-MPI library to be
added to the user directory in the distribution. Or contribute an
OINK input script that does something interesting.
- For OINK, contribute useful map() or reduce() or compare() or hash()
or scan() functions which we can add to the OINK source code, as
described here. Or contribute a
named commands you have written which
can be added to OINK.
- Create a new Makefile.machine that can be added to the src/MAKE or
- Cash. Small denominations, unmarked bills preferred. Leave in paper
sack on author's desk. VISA also accepted. Chocolate chip cookies